Eyebrows are an important component of our facial structure and appearance. Without these features a person may feel very self-conscious about his/her appearance. Some patients may have no eyebrow loss but seek enhancement for cosmetic reasons. Eyebrow restoration in Panama is a way of restoring eyebrows permanently. Eyebrows can be lost in a number of ways:
- Physical trauma, fire or chemical burns, cuts due to an accidents.
- Systematic or local disease that causes eyebrow hair loss.
- Plucking (to reshape the eyebrow) that results in permanent loss of eyebrows.
- Medical or surgical treatments such chemotherapy.
- Congenital inhability to grow eyebrows.
- Medical examination and evaluation before treatment.
The following must be evaluated before treatment begins:
- Systematic or local disease must be treated and under control to ensure that the hair restoration can succeed.
- Obsessive plucking must be treated to assure that hair restoration will not be plucked out.
- Reconstructive surgery for trauma or burns may be needed prior to an eyebrow hair transplant.
Procedure of Eyebrow Restoration
The following types of procedures are available:
- Transplantation of micrographs or singe hairs from a donor area to the eyebrow using the Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Innovative Technique
- The finer donor hairs are usually chosen rather than thicker and more coarser hair, since it is a better match for the eyebrows.
- Both the DHI Medical Specialist and the patient work together to outline and design the eyebrow area, maintaining the natural symmetry of the patients face.
- As the transplanted hairs grow in there new angle, direction, and position, they may require occasional trimming as well as “training” with gel or wax.
- More than one session may be required depending on the size and density of the transplanted area. Two or more sessions various months apart is a common practice.
- The treatment area will be anaesthetised prior the procedure to ensure pain-free hair restoration procedure with local anaesthesia in the treatment area (both donor and recipient areas).
- The session will last about 3 to 4 hours depending on the patients requirements.
How Does Hair Implantation for Eyebrows Work?
- The doctor thoroughly designs the eyebrow area according to the needs of the patient, and the defined symmetry.
- The number of required hairs and the kind of follicle grafts required for a natural result and density are counted.
- The required hair follicles are extracted from the donor area (usually the back of the head).
- The extracted hair follicles are placed into eyebrow area.
- The implanted hairs grow for a person’s lifetime.
What To Expect Post-Implantation:
- Post-eyebrow hair transplant, redness and possible irritation will appear immediately after the session which should subside fairly quickly.
- Minor pain and swelling may occur in some cases.
- Grooming of the eyebrow should be performed with a trimmer (no plucking with tweezers, unless the shape has to be modified).